Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Polymer Clay Fases Vaces #3

Fases Vace #3. The largest polymer clay hand sculpted face is less than 7/8" (lower right bottom of vase). The average is less than 1/2" and the smallest is about a 1/4".
I did not use any tools; only my fingernails. I wanted it's "finish" to be on the rough side. Life can be tough and confusing with moments of going round and round with something and if we are not careful, we end up spiraling out of control, regretting our choices. Unhappiness at its best.
The vase was originally made to sit on a lighted, revolving base, but ended up in my curio cabinet. It is lit from above and the light shines through the blue glass just as nicely.
Polymer clay canes embellish the strip spiraling around.
I built up the top of the glass vase and ruffled it out, adding an orange and yellow marbled edge.
Purple Haired Ladies Spiraling Out of Control.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my faverit vaces its inspieres me to do bertter at art, thanke you.

from Christa.W