Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Scrap Clay Cane

This cane turned out very pretty considering the scraps (if I do say so myself).
Rolled the scraps in logs and then wrapped them in the scrap white and translucent.
Bunched them together and rolled the larger logs into thin 12" logs. Cut the 12" logs into four 3"pieces and stacked them two on top of two. Then I squared them off using my roller and stacked them again; resulting in the two large square canes to the right (below).
Tomorrow some jewelry pieces from the scrap clay. My wonderful, extra large convection oven broke today. It just stopped working. I loved that thing. Rather than trying to repair an oven I've had for 7 years, I decided to order a new one. Boy I will miss that good 'ole oven. Now I will have to wait for delivery of the new one. In the meantime, I have a back-up oven I can use.

1 comment:

Cara Jane (surfingcat) said...

What a lovely cane! sorry to hear about your oven, hope you love the new one even more when it arrives. I am off to see if I have some scrap canes to try and make pretty too.