Sunday, August 21, 2011

Gene Autry Western Museum

Just a quick clip from our Monday trip to the Gene Autry Western Museum located directly across from the Los Angeles Zoo. I got so excited when I saw this paining and started babbling to the hubby (who was shaking his head up and down, pretending to listen), waving my hands about, expounding, "OMG, look at the colors, the bold and agitated arrangement and the broad free brushwork that fills the composition with such energy and feeling that it burst from the frame." And just then, a loud alarm went off and a security guard was behind me. Apparently, I had literally cross the line. In my enthusiasm and waiving my arms and hands, I leaned in too far. The hubby was mortified (shaking his head the other way).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, it's good to know that a piece of art excited you so much. That is what great art is supposed to do! I too have had the alarm experience with a Monet, I just love his work!

Barbara said...

Ahhhhhhh...the esthetic experience! I'm sure the guard has seen it before. LOL!