Friday, November 18, 2011

Face Cane

Above and below are my canes. Lots of eye canes and a couple of lip canes left over for another try. I was so amazed at how perfect my fellow artists' face canes turned out. I am "OK" with mine and will play around with combinations. However, what I did learn was when you are tired, stop. Even if you are not done, or you are behind; it is better to stop than to make a costly mistake. I was in a hurry and did not keep my pure translucent separate and it messed up my nose area. But, I really had fun and am still having fun.

3 comments:

Lupe Meter said...

Oh, Marlene, love those round beads! You can always say your little gal has a cold, therefore the darker nose! We did have a blast making them! Yes, I agree about stopping when you are tired or in a hurry. One of the reasons that I stopped early on Sunday. I was trying to rush it to get it done and I knew if I pushed it, I would have made some mistake(s). So, I finished it at home. I was scared to reduce it because I had a hard time reducing the eye. But, it came out ok in the end. Nice post!

DVArtist said...

I so love the eyes. you are right about stopping when tired. This looks like such a fun class.
Nicole/Beadwright

Barbara said...

Well, Lupe and Beadwright seem to understand where you were coming from when you said it's good to stop when you are tired, lest you mess up; but I don't see anything wrong. I even clicked to enlarge twice and love those little faces! I see the central shift in color around the noses as a sort of cute embarrassed look. To me, they are like the blush we see on the face of someone who has just been caught with their hand in the cookie jar. You know I love faces, and I love them all!