Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Ms Maddies Flowers

 This was my Bead & Button Bead Dreams submission.  I received a rejection by email yesterday.  I basically knew it was not going to make it, but I swear, there is always this little kid inside that has that thinks "just maybe".  I entered it in the new "Ms Maddies" category.  The piece had to feature some of her flower beads (click HERE).  I really did love how it turned out and am going to wear it (carefully).  It consists of right angle weave, bead embroidery and fringing.
I really enjoyed making this piece.  I learned a great deal (mostly patience).  But, seriously, with any new adventure starting from scratch, there is much to be learned.  So, I did gain a lot and am thankful.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

You knew it was "not going to make it?" I'm aghast that this piece wouldn't make it in any competition! It is absolutely stunning, and will definitely turn heads wherever you carefully wear it. It will definitely "make it" then! It's more than beautiful. Once again I am so amazed at the amount of effort that has gone into one of your pieces, Marlene. It begs me to ask, how long did this take to create?

DVArtist said...

Sorry it wasn't accepted. It is so beautiful.
Nicole/Beadwright

Marlene Brady said...

Thank you Nicole and Barbara. I worked on it sporadically over a one year period. You know how life gets in the way.

Diana LaMarre said...

wow, I think it is stunning! Sorry it did not "make it". It should have!

Marian Hertzog said...

Wow! It is stunning! Sorry you didn't make it in the competition but your creation is amazing!

Marlene Brady said...

Thank you Zoey and Marian! So nice of you both.

MARÍA TERESA - libra0653 said...

Impresionante, una belleza super original. Mucho trabajo y muy bien hecho. Felicitaciones !!!. Un cordial saludo

Marlene Brady said...

Thank you Maria Teresa. Thank you for commenting and stopping by.