Sunday, August 24, 2014

Haunani Gane'

I finished the framed cross (in the middle) in Lindly Haunani's Clay Carnival workshop.  I loved the vibrant colors and wanted a bigger piece.  When I got home, I used the scraps from class to finish covering the 6"X6" wrapped 2" deep canvas.  It can be wall hung, easel set or stand on its own.

Most of all, I love how the light shines through the translucent clay.   When time allows, I will be trying the Haunani Gane' again.  Lindly is a wonderful teacher with a unique sense of humor.  You can find Lindly's work and class information on her website LindlyHaunani.com and her Facebook Page.  Lindly also has a Pinterest board and a great blog.

2 comments:

DVArtist said...

Myyyyyy this is an absolutely stunning piece. Have a wonderful Sunday
Nicole/Beadwright

Marlene Brady said...

Thank you Nicole. I hope you are enjoying your Sunday also. Wishing you well.